About the Journal
Salus Publica: Journal of Community Service is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that aims to promote the advancement of knowledge and understanding in the field of community service. The journal aims to provide a platform for the dissemination of high-quality research and scholarly discussions on the various aspects of community service, including its theoretical foundations, practical applications, and policy implications.
"Salus Publica" is a Latin phrase that translates to "public welfare" or "public health" in English. It refers to the well-being and safety of the general public or the collective welfare of a society as a whole. The concept emphasizes the importance of promoting and safeguarding the common good, particularly in matters related to health, safety, and overall societal welfare. The phrase is often associated with the idea that the government or authorities have a responsibility to protect and promote the public's well-being through various measures and policies.
The scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Community development and empowerment
- Volunteerism and civic engagement
- Social entrepreneurship and innovation in community service
- The role of community organizations and institutions in service delivery
- The impact of community service on individuals and communities
- Best practices in community service and its evaluation
- The ethical and legal aspects of community service
- The intersection of community service with other fields, such as public health, education, and environmental sustainability.
The journal welcomes contributions from a wide range of disciplines, including sociology, psychology, political science, economics, public health, education, and environmental studies for Community Service. The journal is committed to fostering an open and inclusive scholarly community and to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in all its endeavors. With its focus on community service, Salus Publica: Journal of Community Service aims to provide a valuable resource for researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and community leaders seeking to understand and improve the ways in which communities and individuals can work together to create positive change.